Road Construction Until January 2020
Crews are scheduled to begin construction on a waterline relocation and improvement project on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019. The project will include:
- Replacement of a 6-inch waterline and water services on Menaul Blvd. from west of 12th Street to Los Tomases Drive NW
- Replacement of a 6-inch waterline and water services on 12th Street from La Poblana Road NW to south of Menaul;
- Replacement of a 6-inch waterline and water services on Woodland between 10th Street and 12th Street; and
- Relocation of a 30-inch waterline at the intersection of Menaul Blvd. and 12th Street.
Regular work hours for this project are 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, although crews may work different hours or on weekends as needed. Construction is expected to be complete in mid to late January 2020.
One Day Only – September 30, 2019
On September 30, 2019, crews will be locating underground utilities and verifying current waterline positions on 12th Street and Menaul. During this work the following traffic impacts will be in place:
Southbound 12th Street will be CLOSED from south of La Poblana Road to Menaul.
Motorists should watch for detour signs and follow the detour.
9th Street will be CLOSED at Menaul Blvd. Residents can access Menaul by heading east on Towner and north on 6th Street.
Eastbound Menaul will be reduced to one lane from east of 10th Street to west of Los Tomases Drive.
Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 1 and lasting for approximately two (2) weeks
Crews will continue mobilizing and begin construction on the project. During this phase, the following traffic impacts will be in place:
- Westbound Menaul will be CLOSED from west of 12th Street to east of Los Tomases Drive. Traffic will be shifted south to the eastbound lanes, with one lane of traffic open in each direction (east and west). Motorists traveling in this area should expect delays.
- Southbound 12th Street will be CLOSED from south of La Poblana to Menaul. Motorists should watch for detour signs and follow the detour.
ACCESS WILL BE MAINTAINED TO ALL BUSINESSES AND RESIDENCES. Affected residents will be notified in advance of any planned water shutoffs. We appreciate your patience during construction.